How is ISO Certification helpful for the chemical industry?
Chemical industries are infamous for the harmful effects of their processes that are responsible for environmental damage or hazardous situations. So, it is very much important for these industries to ensure quality, efficiency, and effectiveness in delivering products or services. ISO standards play a significant role in the development of the chemical industry. Therefore, ISO Certification is helpful for your Chemical Industry because it is the best way to prove that your company is complying with all the environmental health and safety requirements by using all the right processes.ISO certifications are helpful for almost every organization regardless of its size, type, or process.
Why does the chemical industry need ISO Certification?
It is widely believed that Chemical Industries are the most notorious industry, responsible for water, air, and land pollution that can cause serious damage to the environment. ISO Standards provide these industries the confidence to deliver a quality assured management system. Therefore, it has become very much crucial to achieving ISO Certification for the chemical Industry. One can feel the urgent need for ISO certificates at each & every stage of their production services. In that regard some of the points are highlighted below:
- ISO Standards for the chemical industry helps in maintaining and ensuring a high standards management system.
- ISO Certification for the chemical industries ensures a healthy and safe environment for the employees.
- ISO Standards are internationally recognized, which helps your organization to show that you are committed to satisfying the demand of the customers.
- ISO Standards for the chemical industry helps in identifying the business-related risks and finding ways to prevent or mitigate them from your organization.
- ISO Certification will help your chemical company in ensuring efficiency in respect to use of energy, reduction in waste management, and recycling the materials.
Benefits of ISO Certification for Chemical Industry
For any organization, ISO Certification is the ultimate achievement to guarantee that their products and services are of the best quality. ISO Certifications are the internationally recognized and acceptable certifications that help you to prove your commitment towards quality and safety of the masses and the environment. Therefore, Having ISO certification for the chemical industry can initiate enormous profit for you.
Some of the profits of having ISO certification for chemical industries are as follows:
Which standards or ISO certificates are required for the chemical industry?
There are various ISO standards for the chemical-based industry. The most applicable ISO Certifications for the Chemical industries are – ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 27001, and ISO 45001 standards. Let us understand these standards in detail:
ISO 9001 certification is an internationally accredited standard for quality management systems (QMS). This standard helps in the accomplishment and maintenance of quality management systems (QMS) in your organization so that the quality of your products, as well as processes, are top-notch.
ISO 27001 Certification is a globally recognized standard that helps in implementing Information Safety Management Systems (ISMS) in your organization that would protect the data stored within your premises from any breach or loss.
ISO 50001 Certification is an internationally accepted standard for energy management systems. This ISO standard for the chemical industry helps to improve your overall energy management and can reduce costs and operating expenses.
ISO 14001 Certification is the general standard for Environment Management Systems. ISO 14001 standard helps in the execution of Environmental Management Systems (EMS) in your organization to make sure that your products and services are not causing environmental damage. It also helps your organization to minimize the harmful impacts of your processes in the environment.
ISO 45001 Certification is an internationally required standard which is probably the most important one for your organization, as it ensures the safety and wellbeing of your manpower, contractors as well as the nearby population. This standard helps in the implementation of Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems (OHSMS) in your organization.
What are the ISO requirements for the chemical industry?
- ISO 9001 Standard: Quality Management System.
- ISO 14001 Standard: Environmental Management System.
- ISO 27001 Standard: Information Security Management Systems.
- ISO 45001 Standard: Occupational Health and Safety Management System.
- ISO 50001 Certification: Energy Management System
How do we become ISO Certified for the chemical industry?
- Firstly, you need to prepare all the relevant information about your company in a systematized way (It is always best and safe to hire a legal consultant.)
- Secondly, you need to document all the relevant information about your business.
- Thirdly, you have to implement all the documented information in your organization.
- Fourthly, get ready for the internal audits which are performed first during the certification process and then periodically after.
- Lastly, if the certifying body approves your management system then you will be awarded the required ISO standard.
How long is an ISO certificate valid for?
How can I apply for ISO Certification for the chemical industry?
- Firstly, select the type of ISO certification you want for your chemical industry.
- Secondly, selecting a recognized and credible ISO certification body (ISO Registrar)
- Thirdly, make an application in the prescribed form which should include liability issues, confidentiality, and access rights.
- Fourthly, the ISO certification body will review all the documents related to various policies and procedures being followed in the organization. If there are any existing gaps, the applicant has to prepare an action plan to eliminate these gaps.
- Then, the ISO registrar will conduct a physical onsite inspection to audit the changes made in the organization.
- As soon as the certifying body approves your management system, you will be awarded the required ISO standard.
How much does it cost for ISO certification?
Looking for ISO Certification or Training Services?
Join one of the India’s leading ISO certification bodies for a straightforward and cost-effective route to ISO accreditation.
LATEST NEWS & BLOGS
SIS Certifications certified Horiba India Private Limited with ISO 14001:2015 and CE. The HORIBA Group of worldwide companies provides an...
Intellismart has been certified by SIS Certifications an ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001 and ISO 27001 certification organization which...
Bharat Certis AgriScience Ltd. the tag of ISO 9001: 2015, ISO 14001:2015, ISO 45001:2018 certified company by SIS Certifications Pvt....
Manifold has successfully got accreditation with ISO 9001:2015, ISO 45001:2018. A telecom product manufacturing company that has been established since...
Hotel and Restaurant Associations of India (FHRAI) achieved dual ISO certifications- ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 27001:2013.
The common and the best way to include the essence of ISO 22301 in ISO 27001 is by using the...
Both ISO 22301 and ISO 27001 follow a common High -level Structure (HLS) that makes it easier to integrate the...
SIS Certifications has certified ITALCED & NOIR companies with ISO 37001 Standard. ISO 37001 is the worldwide standard for Anti-Bribery...