How ISO Certification helpful for food industry?
The food and food product industries today have become highly diversified industries. And in recent times, the demand for hygienic food has been intensified, so it is very much important for any organization to fulfill its consumer’s expectations. ISO Certifications help these industries to create a well-managed system in the food chain business. ISO Certifications help in assessing, identifying, and controlling food safety threats or risks. All food producers or suppliers, regardless of their scale or quality, always have a responsibility to manage the quality of their food products. In that regard, ISO certification is the best option for them, as it helps your organization to deliver healthy and safe food to your customers. ISO 22000 Certification is the most applicable ISO standard for these industries. ISO 22000 Certification is an internationally recognized standard that assists you in maintaining universally accepted food safety processes in your organization. This standard also shelters basic essential ideas i.e Hazard analysis and critical control points (HACCP).
Why does the food industry need ISO Certification?
The food industry is a universal network of diverse food product related businesses that are supplied to most of the world’s population. Food industry is in fact one of the largest industries that plays a significant role in developing the country’s economy. So, there are always high expectations from these industries for delivering quality assured food products and services.And only the universally approved trademark can assure quality management to these industries. An ISO trademark will oblige the clients that the services provided by the food industry are set as per the universally recognized ISO standards. With the help of ISO Certifications, the food based industries can prove its quality and efficiency in complying with the required standard and fulfil the requirements of the customers or food consumers.
One can feel the ultimate need for ISO Certifications for the food industry in every stage of their services.
In that regard some points are highlighted below:
- With the help of ISO 22000 certifications, you can deliver higher quality food products or services.
- ISO certification for the food industry improves utilization of resources which in return will help your industry to earn profits.
- ISO certifications have high potential for increasing economic growth.
Benefits of ISO certification for Food and Food Products industry
The globally required ISO Certifications play a crucial role in boosting your food chain business. ISO standards for these industries are very much beneficial, as it can satisfy the wants and wishes of the customer resulting in earning maximum profits for the company. ISO Certifications can help your organization to uplift your food based business in the global food chain.
Profits of Having ISO Certification for foods industries are listed below:
Which standards or ISO certificates are required for the food industry?
The International Organization for Standardization (ISO) publishes certain standards that help in implementing management systems for delivering quality products and services as well as enabling compliance to the related standard.
The most common ISO standards for all kinds of food industries include ISO 9001, ISO 14001, and ISO 45001. But the most required and important ISO standard for food industries is ISO 22000 certification.
Let us briefly understand these ISO standards:
ISO 9001 is the international standard that provides a framework for implementing Quality Management Systems (QMS) in an organization. Thus, ISO 9001 ensures that the quality of your products or services meets the customer’s expectations, which will be very much beneficial for your company’s growth.
The International Organization of Standardization publishes ISO 22000 standard that helps the organizations involved in the food supply chain to establish and implement the Food Safety Management System within their organization. ISO 22000 combines the quality management factor of ISO 9001 and the safety management factor of HACCP to ensure the quality and safety of food at all levels. This standard also helps your food chain business in identifying the food-related risks and planning corrective measures to prevent or mitigate them.
Internationally recognized ISO 14001 standard helps you in improving your interaction with the environment by providing the framework for the establishment of Environmental Management Systems (EMS). This standard also helps you in managing your resources and reducing wastage in order to make your activities environmental-friendly.
ISO 45001 is the global standard that provides a framework for implementing the occupational health and safety management system (OHSMS) in your organization. This ensures that your staff and your guests are safe from any occupation-related injuries.
Hazard analysis and critical control points (HACCP):
Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) is a systematized approach that aims to provide the foundation for observing the total food network, right from harvesting to utilization or consumption, and to diminish the risk of foodborne diseases. Basically, the system is outlined to identify and control all the potential risks or problems before they take place.
What are the ISO requirements for the food industry?
- ISO 9001 Standard: Quality Management System.
- ISO 14001 Standard: Environmental Management System.
- ISO 45001 Standard: Occupational Health and Safety Management System.
- ISO 22000 Standard: Food Safety Management System.
How do we become ISO Certified for the food industry?
- Firstly, you need to prepare all the relevant information about your company in a systematized way (It is always best and safe to hire a legal consultant.)
- Secondly, you need to document all the relevant information about your business.
- Thirdly, you have to implement all the documented information in your organization.
- Fourthly, get ready for the internal audits which are performed first during the certification process and then periodically after.
- Lastly, if the certifying body approves your management system then you will be awarded the required ISO standard.
How long is an ISO certificate valid for?
How can I apply for ISO Certification for the food industry?
- Firstly, select the type of ISO certification you want for your food industry.
- Secondly, selecting a recognized and credible ISO certification body (ISO Registrar)
- Thirdly, make an application in the prescribed form which should include liability issues, confidentiality, and access rights.
- Fourthly, the ISO certification body will review all the documents related to various policies and procedures being followed in the organization. If there are any existing gaps, the applicant has to prepare an action plan to eliminate these gaps.
- Then, the ISO registrar will conduct a physical onsite inspection to audit the changes made in the organization.
- As soon as the certifying body approves your management system, you will be awarded the required ISO standard.
How much does it cost for ISO certification?
Looking for ISO Certification or Training Services?
Join one of the India’s leading ISO certification bodies for a straightforward and cost-effective route to ISO accreditation.
LATEST NEWS & BLOGS
SIS Certifications certified Horiba India Private Limited with ISO 14001:2015 and CE. The HORIBA Group of worldwide companies provides an...
Intellismart has been certified by SIS Certifications an ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001 and ISO 27001 certification organization which...
Bharat Certis AgriScience Ltd. the tag of ISO 9001: 2015, ISO 14001:2015, ISO 45001:2018 certified company by SIS Certifications Pvt....
Manifold has successfully got accreditation with ISO 9001:2015, ISO 45001:2018. A telecom product manufacturing company that has been established since...
Hotel and Restaurant Associations of India (FHRAI) achieved dual ISO certifications- ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 27001:2013.
The common and the best way to include the essence of ISO 22301 in ISO 27001 is by using the...
Both ISO 22301 and ISO 27001 follow a common High -level Structure (HLS) that makes it easier to integrate the...
SIS Certifications has certified ITALCED & NOIR companies with ISO 37001 Standard. ISO 37001 is the worldwide standard for Anti-Bribery...