The defense sector of any nation holds a strategic importance. From ensuring the safety of citizens to establishing a powerful image in the global platform, the defense industry holds a key role. Therefore, the quality of the arms and ammunition as well as the safety of the vehicles used by the defense forces is of prime concern for any government. It builds confidence among the public that the government of the time is concerned about the protection of their nation. There are several ISO certifications that demonstrate the commitment of manufacturers of the defense products in maintaining a standard quality of their products as well as processes. Additionally, an ISO certificate makes it simpler for the manufacturers of defense items in becoming the preferred choice for tenders.
Which ISO Standards are best Defence Industry?
There are several ISO standards that are applicable for the defense sector. These include:
ISO 9001 standard helps in establishing a quality management system in an organization and it ensures that the quality of products meets the international benchmark. In addition to that, it also ensures that every stage of the manufacturing process passes the quality checks.
This standard helps in the implementation of an environmental management system in an organization. By being certified to ISO 14001, you can demonstrate your commitment towards a sustainable environment.
Since defense is a very critical sector for any country, it is important to protect the data related to it. Any organization that manufactures the equipment and parts for the purpose of defense must ensure that the data in its possession is safe from any breach or loss. Therefore, an ISO 27001 for Information Security Management System can act as a great tool for such organizations.
The integrity of the organizations that belong to a sector of strategic importance to a nation is very necessary. With ISO 37001 certification, these organizations can establish and implement an Anti-bribery management system and prevent any risk of unethical practices that can adversely impact the organization.
The safety and wellbeing of the workforce in production units that deals with some of the deadliest arms and ammunition is of immense importance. With ISO 45001 certification, the organizations can ensure occupational health and safety of their employees.
This standard is used for implementing Energy management systems in an organization, which helps in reducing the carbon footprint of their business activities. The production of defense equipment involves working with several metals and alloys that require heavy consumption of energy resources. With ISO 50001 certification, the organizations can effectively utilize their resources and minimize their wastages.
Benefits of ISO Certification for Defence Industry
What are the ISO requirements for the Defence industry?
- ISO 9001 Standard: Quality Management System.
- ISO 14001 Standard: Environmental Management System.
- ISO 45001 Standard: Occupational Health and Safety Management System.
- ISO 22000 Standard: Food Safety Management System.
- ISO 27001 Standard: Information Security Management System
- ISO 37001 standard:Anti-bribery management system
- ISO 50001 standard: Energy management systems
How do we become ISO Certified for the Defence industry?
- Firstly, you need to prepare all the relevant information about your company in a systematized way (It is always best and safe to hire a legal consultant.)
- Secondly, you need to document all the relevant information about your business.
- Thirdly, you have to implement all the documented information in your organization.
- Fourthly, get ready for the internal audits which are performed first during the certification process and then periodically after.
- Lastly, if the certifying body approves your management system then you will be awarded the required ISO standard.
How long is an ISO certificate valid for?
How can I apply for ISO Certification for the Defence industry?
- Firstly, select the type of ISO certification you want for your Defence industry.
- Secondly, selecting a recognized and credible ISO certification body (ISO Registrar)
- Thirdly, make an application in the prescribed form which should include liability issues, confidentiality, and access rights.
- Fourthly, the ISO certification body will review all the documents related to various policies and procedures being followed in the organization. If there are any existing gaps, the applicant has to prepare an action plan to eliminate these gaps.
- Then, the ISO registrar will conduct a physical onsite inspection to audit the changes made in the organization.
- As soon as the certifying body approves your management system, you will be awarded the required ISO standard.
How much does it cost for ISO certification?
Looking for ISO Certification or Training Services?
Join one of the India’s leading ISO certification bodies for a straightforward and cost-effective route to ISO accreditation.
LATEST NEWS & BLOGS
SIS Certifications certified Horiba India Private Limited with ISO 14001:2015 and CE. The HORIBA Group of worldwide companies provides an...
Intellismart has been certified by SIS Certifications an ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001 and ISO 27001 certification organization which...
Bharat Certis AgriScience Ltd. the tag of ISO 9001: 2015, ISO 14001:2015, ISO 45001:2018 certified company by SIS Certifications Pvt....
Manifold has successfully got accreditation with ISO 9001:2015, ISO 45001:2018. A telecom product manufacturing company that has been established since...
Hotel and Restaurant Associations of India (FHRAI) achieved dual ISO certifications- ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 27001:2013.
The common and the best way to include the essence of ISO 22301 in ISO 27001 is by using the...
Both ISO 22301 and ISO 27001 follow a common High -level Structure (HLS) that makes it easier to integrate the...
SIS Certifications has certified ITALCED & NOIR companies with ISO 37001 Standard. ISO 37001 is the worldwide standard for Anti-Bribery...