The healthcare industry involves all the institutions that ensure the health and safety of people. It includes drug manufacturers, hospitals, pharmacies, medical devices industries, and so on. The quality of products and services and efficiency of processes are extremely important in this industry. For this purpose, the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) publishes a certain set of standards that can help the organizations belonging to the healthcare sector in demonstrating their credibility in the market.
Which ISO Standards are best Healthcare Industry?
The following ISO standards are applicable to the organizations belonging to the healthcare sector.
With the implementation of a quality management system in an organization through ISO 9001 standard, the organization can conduct periodic management reviews and internal audits to check for any lapse in the system and apply corrective measures to ensure an effective QMS. The focus on risk management and continual improvement helps in meeting the changing market demands.
ISO 14001 helps in the implementation of the Environmental management system in the organizations that results in reducing the environmental impacts of this sector. With EMS, the healthcare organization can ensure reduction of wastages and compliance to all the environmental laws. This helps them in gaining a reputation in the market for being environmentally responsible.
In order to ensure the occupational safety of healthcare workers, ISO 45001 certification becomes very important. It helps in avoiding healthcare hazards by identifying the risks on time and performing prevention measures.
The healthcare companies can reduce their operational expenses and improve their overall efficiency by effective implementation of ISO 50001 for energy management systems.
The organizations belonging to the healthcare sector are custodian of personal information about their patients or customers. The onus of protecting the customer’s privacy lies with them. Therefore, by the implementation of ISO 27001 standard for Information Security Management System, these organizations can ensure that the data is protected against any breach or loss.
This standard helps in the implementation of quality management systems for medical devices. Any medical device, either external or implantable, should be safe for use as it directly affects the life of the patient. This standard ensures that the medical devices are of premium quality and completely safe for use.
Benefits of ISO Certifications in healthcare industries
What are the ISO requirements for healthcare industries
- ISO 9001 Standard: Quality Management System.
- ISO 14001 Standard: Environmental Management System.
- ISO 45001 Standard: Occupational Health and Safety Management System.
- ISO 50001 Standard: Energy Management System.
- ISO 27001 Standard: Information Security Management System
- ISO 13485 Standard: Quality Management Systems for Medical Devices
How do we become ISO Certified for the healthcare industries?
- Firstly, you need to prepare all the relevant information about your company in a systematized way (It is always best and safe to hire a legal consultant.)
- Secondly, you need to document all the relevant information about your business.
- Thirdly, you have to implement all the documented information in your organization.
- Fourthly, get ready for the internal audits which are performed first during the certification process and then periodically after.
- Lastly, if the certifying body approves your management system then you will be awarded the required ISO standard.
How long is an ISO certificate valid for?
How can I apply for ISO Certification for the healthcare industry?
- Firstly, select the type of ISO certification you want for your healthcare industries.
- Secondly, selecting a recognized and credible ISO certification body (ISO Registrar)
- Thirdly, make an application in the prescribed form which should include liability issues, confidentiality, and access rights.
- Fourthly, the ISO certification body will review all the documents related to various policies and procedures being followed in the organization. If there are any existing gaps, the applicant has to prepare an action plan to eliminate these gaps.
- Then, the ISO registrar will conduct a physical onsite inspection to audit the changes made in the organization.
- As soon as the certifying body approves your management system, you will be awarded the required ISO standard.
How much does it cost for ISO certification?
Looking for ISO Certification or Training Services?
Join one of the India’s leading ISO certification bodies for a straightforward and cost-effective route to ISO accreditation.
LATEST NEWS & BLOGS
Horiba India Private limited
SIS Certifications certified Horiba India Private Limited with ISO 14001:2015 and CE. The HORIBA Group of worldwide companies provides an...
Intellismart has been certified by SIS Certifications an ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001 and ISO 27001 certification organization which...
Bharat Certis Agriscience Limited
Bharat Certis AgriScience Ltd. the tag of ISO 9001: 2015, ISO 14001:2015, ISO 45001:2018 certified company by SIS Certifications Pvt....
Manifold E- connect Pvt. Ltd.
Manifold has successfully got accreditation with ISO 9001:2015, ISO 45001:2018. A telecom product manufacturing company that has been established since...
ISO for Hospitality Businesses
Hotel and Restaurant Associations of India (FHRAI) achieved dual ISO certifications- ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 27001:2013.
Business Continuity in ISO 27001
The common and the best way to include the essence of ISO 22301 in ISO 27001 is by using the...
ISO 22301 & ISO 27001 in an Organization
Both ISO 22301 and ISO 27001 follow a common High -level Structure (HLS) that makes it easier to integrate the...
SIS certified ITALCED & NOIR
SIS Certifications has certified ITALCED & NOIR companies with ISO 37001 Standard. ISO 37001 is the worldwide standard for Anti-Bribery...