How is ISO Certification helpful for the chemical industry?
ISO certifications are helpful for almost every organization regardless of its size, type, or process. The oil and gas industries are infamous for the harmful effects of their processes that are responsible for environmental damage or hazardous situations. In fact, it is very much important for these industries to ensure quality, efficiency, and effectiveness in delivering products or services without any environmental damage. Therefore, a lot of expectations are set by the public when it comes to the quality, safety, and efficiency of their products or services. ISO standards act as a tool in the development of the oil and gas industry. Thus, encouraging this sector to accomplish internationally recognized ISO standards as an efficient and effective management system helps these sectors to meet and fulfill the expectations of the masses. ISO Certifications are helpful for all kinds of oil and gas Industries because it is the best way to prove that your company is complying with all the environmental health and safety requirements by using all the right processes.
Why does the Oil and Gas industry need ISO Certification?
It is widely believed that the oil and gas industries are the most notorious industry, responsible for water, air, and land pollution that can cause serious damage to the environment. ISO Standards provide these industries the confidence to provide a quality assured management system. Therefore, it has become very much essential for these industries to achieve ISO Certifications for their company.
One can feel the urgent need for ISO certificates at each & every stage of their production services. In that regard, some of the points are highlighted below:
- ISO Standards for the oil and gas industry helps in maintaining and ensuring a high standards management system in your organization.
- ISO Certification for the oil and gas industries ensures a healthy and safe environment for the employees as well as the public or customers.
- ISO Standards are internationally recognized, which helps your organization to show that you are committed to satisfying the demand of the customers or other shareholders.
- The internationally recognized ISO Standards for the oil and gas industry helps in identifying the business-related risks and finding ways to mitigate them from your company.
- ISO Certification will help your oil and gas company in ensuring efficiency in respect to the use of energy, reduction in waste management, and recycling the materials.
Benefits of ISO certification for Oil and Gas Industry
For any organization, ISO Certification is the ultimate requirement to guarantee and ensure that their products and services are of the best and finest quality. ISO Certifications are the internationally recognized and acceptable certifications that help you to prove your commitment towards the quality and safety of the masses as well as the environment. Therefore, Having ISO certification for the oil and gas industry can initiate enormous profit for you and your company.
Some of the profits of having ISO certification for oil and gas industries are as follows:
Which standards or ISO certificates are required for the chemical industry?
There are many standards published by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) that cater to the quality, safety, and efficiency of oil and gas industry operations, products, and services.
Let us understand these standards in detail:
ISO 9001 is the international standard that helps in the implementation of a Quality Management System in an organization. It helps in the assessment of quality risks and structuring appropriate quality controls within the organization. The quality of manufactured goods can be assured by ISO 9001 certification. Moreover, the ISO 9001 certificate of vendors is proof that the raw materials sourced for the production of any good are of premium quality.
Globally recognized ISO 22301 standard helps in the accomplishment of a business continuity management system in an organization, which guards your company against any unforeseen circumstances, such as natural calamities, pandemics, cyber-attacks, etc. It reduces the downtime so that there is little effect on the business operations.
ISO 50001 Certification is the international standard for energy management systems. This standard helps in the effective management of your energy resources so that your business has a reduced carbon footprint. It is particularly important for the Oil and Gas industry because of their rampant usage of energy resources.
Internationally recognized ISO 14001 standard aims at growing concerns regarding the changing climate and deteriorating environment that require us to rethink the way we work. It is important for organizations to check their activities in order to limit their adverse impact on the environment.
ISO 45001 is the global standard that provides a framework for implementing the occupational health and safety management system (OHSMS) in your organization. Most Oil and Gas industries involve risky occupational environments. With ISO 45001, the organizations can implement OHSMS that takes care of the safety and wellbeing of the employees.
What are the ISO requirements for the Oil and Gas industry?
- ISO 9001 Standard: Quality Management System.
- ISO 14001 Standard: Environmental Management System.
- ISO 45001 Standard: Occupational Health and Safety Management System.
- ISO 50001 Standard: Energy Management System.
- ISO 22301 standard: business continuity management system
How do we become ISO Certified for the Oil and Gas industry?
- Firstly, you need to prepare all the relevant information about your company in a systematized way (It is always best and safe to hire a legal consultant.)
- Secondly, you need to document all the relevant information about your business.
- Thirdly, you have to implement all the documented information in your organization.
- Fourthly, get ready for the internal audits which are performed first during the certification process and then periodically after.
- Lastly, if the certifying body approves your management system then you will be awarded the required ISO standard.
How long is an ISO certificate valid for?
How can I apply for ISO Certification for the Oil and Gas industry?
- Firstly, select the type of ISO certification you want for your Oil and Gas industry.
- Secondly, selecting a recognized and credible ISO certification body (ISO Registrar)
- Thirdly, make an application in the prescribed form which should include liability issues, confidentiality, and access rights.
- Fourthly, the ISO certification body will review all the documents related to various policies and procedures being followed in the organization. If there are any existing gaps, the applicant has to prepare an action plan to eliminate these gaps.
- Then, the ISO registrar will conduct a physical onsite inspection to audit the changes made in the organization.
- As soon as the certifying body approves your management system, you will be awarded the required ISO standard.
How much does it cost for ISO certification?
Looking for ISO Certification or Training Services?
Join one of the India’s leading ISO certification bodies for a straightforward and cost-effective route to ISO accreditation.
LATEST NEWS & BLOGS
SIS Certifications certified Horiba India Private Limited with ISO 14001:2015 and CE. The HORIBA Group of worldwide companies provides an...
Intellismart has been certified by SIS Certifications an ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001 and ISO 27001 certification organization which...
Bharat Certis AgriScience Ltd. the tag of ISO 9001: 2015, ISO 14001:2015, ISO 45001:2018 certified company by SIS Certifications Pvt....
Manifold has successfully got accreditation with ISO 9001:2015, ISO 45001:2018. A telecom product manufacturing company that has been established since...
Hotel and Restaurant Associations of India (FHRAI) achieved dual ISO certifications- ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 27001:2013.
The common and the best way to include the essence of ISO 22301 in ISO 27001 is by using the...
Both ISO 22301 and ISO 27001 follow a common High -level Structure (HLS) that makes it easier to integrate the...
SIS Certifications has certified ITALCED & NOIR companies with ISO 37001 Standard. ISO 37001 is the worldwide standard for Anti-Bribery...