Pharmaceutical industries have the responsibility upon themselves for ensuring the wellbeing of a society. As it is significant for our health and life, it is essential to maintain standard quality and efficiency of pharmaceutical products. Every stage of production of these products are required to undergo certain controls that ensure the safety of products. For this purpose, the International Organization of Standardization (ISO) publishes certain standards that help in maintaining the quality, efficiency, and safety of pharmaceutical products. Therefore, the demand for ISO certification in the Pharmaceutical sector is in constant rise. This also helps the pharmaceutical companies to prove their credibility in the market and move ahead of their competitors.
Which ISO Standards are best Pharmaceutical Industry?
The following are the list of ISO certifications applicable for pharmaceutical industries:
ISO 9001:2015 is the most popular ISO certification for implementation of quality management systems in an organization. It can be applied to any industry and for pharmaceutical companies, it holds great importance as it ensures the quality, safety, and efficiency of pharmaceutical products as well as that of the processes through which the products pass.
The growing concern over the deteriorating environment has prompted several legislations to check the adverse impact of business activities on the environment. With ISO 14001 certification, the pharmaceutical companies can establish and implement an environmental management system that would improve the organization’s interaction with the environment as well as make it compliant to any environmental laws.
It is important to ensure the safety and wellbeing of your workforce in order to increase productivity. An ISO 45001 certification helps in implementing Occupational Health and Safety Management System in an organization that prevents any occupational safety risk.
ISO 50001 certification demonstrates the ability of an organization in reducing its carbon footprint. With the help of this certification, the pharmaceutical companies can effectively utilize its energy resources and reduce wastage. By increasing the efficiency and cutting the costs, these organizations can achieve competitive advantage.
Benefits of ISO certification for Pharmaceutical Industry
What are the ISO requirements for the Pharmaceutical Industry?
- ISO 9001 Standard: Quality Management System.
- ISO 14001 Standard: Environmental Management System.
- ISO 45001 Standard: Occupational Health and Safety Management System.
- ISO 22000 Standard: Food Safety Management System.
How do we become ISO Certified for the Pharmaceutical Industry?
- Firstly, you need to prepare all the relevant information about your company in a systematized way (It is always best and safe to hire a legal consultant.)
- Secondly, you need to document all the relevant information about your business.
- Thirdly, you have to implement all the documented information in your organization.
- Fourthly, get ready for the internal audits which are performed first during the certification process and then periodically after.
- Lastly, if the certifying body approves your management system then you will be awarded the required ISO standard.
How long is an ISO certificate valid for?
How can I apply for ISO Certification for the Pharmaceutical Industry?
- Firstly, select the type of ISO certification you want for your Pharmaceutical Industry.
- Secondly, selecting a recognized and credible ISO certification body (ISO Registrar)
- Thirdly, make an application in the prescribed form which should include liability issues, confidentiality, and access rights.
- Fourthly, the ISO certification body will review all the documents related to various policies and procedures being followed in the organization. If there are any existing gaps, the applicant has to prepare an action plan to eliminate these gaps.
- Then, the ISO registrar will conduct a physical onsite inspection to audit the changes made in the organization.
- As soon as the certifying body approves your management system, you will be awarded the required ISO standard.
How much does it cost for ISO certification?
Looking for ISO Certification or Training Services?
Join one of the India’s leading ISO certification bodies for a straightforward and cost-effective route to ISO accreditation.
LATEST NEWS & BLOGS
SIS Certifications certified Horiba India Private Limited with ISO 14001:2015 and CE. The HORIBA Group of worldwide companies provides an...
Intellismart has been certified by SIS Certifications an ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001 and ISO 27001 certification organization which...
Bharat Certis AgriScience Ltd. the tag of ISO 9001: 2015, ISO 14001:2015, ISO 45001:2018 certified company by SIS Certifications Pvt....
Manifold has successfully got accreditation with ISO 9001:2015, ISO 45001:2018. A telecom product manufacturing company that has been established since...
Hotel and Restaurant Associations of India (FHRAI) achieved dual ISO certifications- ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 27001:2013.
The common and the best way to include the essence of ISO 22301 in ISO 27001 is by using the...
Both ISO 22301 and ISO 27001 follow a common High -level Structure (HLS) that makes it easier to integrate the...
SIS Certifications has certified ITALCED & NOIR companies with ISO 37001 Standard. ISO 37001 is the worldwide standard for Anti-Bribery...