Tobacco is an agricultural commodity, similar in lines with the other agricultural foodstuffs in economic terms. The price of tobacco depends upon the local weather conditions as well as the species or cultivar grown, proximity to the region where it is grown, health of the plants and other characteristics specific to the product.
Tobacco is one of the most widely used addictive substances in the world and the tobacco industry includes those persons or organizations involved in the growth, processing, shipment, advertisement, and distribution of tobacco and tobacco-related products.
The success of the tobacco industry depends upon the strategic implementation of processes that helps in ensuring the quality and safety of products, positive environmental interaction as well as conducive working conditions. In this regard, ISO certification in tobacco industries can be highly beneficial.
The following ISO standards are applicable for tobacco industries
The quality of tobacco is directly related to the safety of its consumers. With ISO 9001 certification, a tobacco company can implement a quality management system in their organization that would ensure the quality of products by enabling certain controls in the processes through which the product passes.
Through ISO 14001, an organization can implement an environmental management system that would help them in their waste management, savings in energy consumptions, lowering distribution costs, and improving their corporate image.
The tobacco industry is plagued by several factors that adversely affect the health of their workforce. These include increased healthcare costs and disability from second hand smoke as well as increased absenteeism. Therefore, by implementing ISO 45001 standard for occupational health and safety management systems, such risks can be avoided.
ISO 50001 for energy management systems can help the tobacco companies in efficiently managing their energy resources and ensuring a reduced carbon footprint.
Since tobacco is a consumable product, its safety can be ensured by implementing ISO 22000 for food safety management.
It is an international standard that defines the requirements for effective control of food safety. It is a great tool for preventing any chemical, physical or biological food hazards.
Benefits of ISO certification in tobacco industry:
What are the ISO requirements for the Tobacco Industry?
- ISO 9001 Standard: Quality Management System.
- ISO 14001 Standard: Environmental Management System.
- ISO 45001 Standard: Occupational Health and Safety Management System.
- ISO 50001 Standard: Energy Management System.
- ISO 27001 Standard: Information Security Management System.
- ISO 22000 Standard: Food Safety Management System.
How do we become ISO Certified for the Tobacco Industry?
- Firstly, you need to prepare all the relevant information about your company in a systematized way (It is always best and safe to hire a legal consultant.)
- Secondly, you need to document all the relevant information about your business.
- Thirdly, you have to implement all the documented information in your organization.
- Fourthly, get ready for the internal audits which are performed first during the certification process and then periodically after.
- Lastly, if the certifying body approves your management system then you will be awarded the required ISO standard.
How long is an ISO certificate valid for?
How can I apply for ISO Certification for the Tobacco Industry?
- Firstly, select the type of ISO certification you want for your Tobacco Industry.
- Secondly, selecting a recognized and credible ISO certification body (ISO Registrar)
- Thirdly, make an application in the prescribed form which should include liability issues, confidentiality, and access rights.
- Fourthly, the ISO certification body will review all the documents related to various policies and procedures being followed in the organization. If there are any existing gaps, the applicant has to prepare an action plan to eliminate these gaps.
- Then, the ISO registrar will conduct a physical onsite inspection to audit the changes made in the organization.
- As soon as the certifying body approves your management system, you will be awarded the required ISO standard.
How much does it cost for ISO certification?
Looking for ISO Certification or Training Services?
Join one of the India’s leading ISO certification bodies for a straightforward and cost-effective route to ISO accreditation.
LATEST NEWS & BLOGS
SIS Certifications certified Horiba India Private Limited with ISO 14001:2015 and CE. The HORIBA Group of worldwide companies provides an...
Intellismart has been certified by SIS Certifications an ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001 and ISO 27001 certification organization which...
Bharat Certis AgriScience Ltd. the tag of ISO 9001: 2015, ISO 14001:2015, ISO 45001:2018 certified company by SIS Certifications Pvt....
Manifold has successfully got accreditation with ISO 9001:2015, ISO 45001:2018. A telecom product manufacturing company that has been established since...
Hotel and Restaurant Associations of India (FHRAI) achieved dual ISO certifications- ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 27001:2013.
The common and the best way to include the essence of ISO 22301 in ISO 27001 is by using the...
Both ISO 22301 and ISO 27001 follow a common High -level Structure (HLS) that makes it easier to integrate the...
SIS Certifications has certified ITALCED & NOIR companies with ISO 37001 Standard. ISO 37001 is the worldwide standard for Anti-Bribery...