How ISO Certification is helpful for transport and Logistics?
The Transport and Logistics industry is indeed the backbone of any economy. It is also one of the most infamous sectors when it comes to causing irreparable damages to the environment. Thus, with the help of ISO Certification, these industries can maintain the balance between development and environmental sustainability to standardize their system and processes according to internationally recognized and accepted norms.
Some of the key benefits of ISO certification for the transport and logistics industry are as follows
- It elevates your reputation by demonstrating your commitment to meeting international standards of excellence.
- More systematized delivery of goods, improving your reputation and helping you win new customers and retain your current customers.
- It improves environmental performance and reduces security risks due to improved management.
- Make your company capable of trading internationally.
- Recognizing and managing current and future risks to your business.
- Take a necessary approach to diminish the impact of incidents.
- Manifest resilience to customers, suppliers, and tender requests.
Why does the Transport and Logistics Industry need ISO Certification?
Transport and Logistics industries are those industries that involve a lot of risks. As a result, there is a high concern regarding the safety of the transport & logistics services. Only the globally approved benchmarks can assure safety management to these industries. Now, here comes the need for the ISO certification. An ISO trademark will oblige the clients that the services provided by the transport & logistics company are as per the universally acknowledged standards.
One can really feel the ultimate need for the ISO certification at each & every stage while in the supply network. In this regard some points are listed below:
- Most likely, the ISO standards add to the adequacy of the functions carried in the transportation and logistics business.
- ISO standards help to connect custom ports with railroads.
- The ISO Certification helps you to build a bridge to get hold of international attention.
- Helps you to show your commitment to customer satisfaction.
- The ISO certification helps with offering significantly more capability in how the consignments are systematized.
In this way, ISO certification will ultimately assist you in stepping into the global markets with no trouble at all!
Which ISO Standards are best Transport and Logistics Industry?
The International Organization for Standardization publishes certain standards that help in implementing management systems for delivering quality products and services as well as enabling compliance to the related legislations.
The most required ISO standards that are appropriate for transport and logistics industries are:
The ISO 9001 standard is a scheme for establishing Quality Management Systems (QMS) in your organization. ISO 9001 Certification ensures that the quality of your products is at par with international standards and is less prone to accidents and damages.
ISO 39001 standard helps in the implementation of the Road Traffic Safety Management System in your organization. ISO 39001 Certification helps in managing the risks associated with road safety and reduces the incidents of accidents and deaths.
ISO 22301 standard sets out the code for implementing Business Continuity Management Systems (BCMS) in your organization. ISO 22301 Certification guards you against any incidence of disruption to your business and reduces your downtime by ensuring rapid recovery.
By using ISO 14001 standard, you can implement an Environmental Management System (EMS) in your organization that helps in reducing the adverse impact of your activities on the environment as well as ISO 14001 Certification ensures that your products are environment friendly.
ISO 45001 standard provides a foundation for establishing Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems (OHSMS) in your organization. ISO 45001 Certification ensures the safety and wellbeing of your manpower.
Benefits of ISO certification for Transport and Logistics industry
What are the ISO requirements for transport and logistics?
The requirements for ISO 9001 can be subdivided into four parts: management responsibility, resource management, product realization, and measurement, analysis, and improvement. In order to achieve ISO 9001, you need to fulfill all of these requirements.
The requirements for ISO 14001 are similar but have added emphasis on environmental impact rather than product realization. So, you have to give the provision of environment-friendly products and services to the customers to achieve ISO 14001.
The requirements for ISO 22301, you will need to meet the protocol for the implementation of Business Continuity Management Systems (BCMS) in your organization. In other words, what processes your business will use to prevent, assess and recover from disruption.
How do ISO regulations affect the transport industry?
How do we become ISO Certified for transport and logistics?
- Firstly, you need to prepare all the relevant information about your company in a systematized way (It is always best and safe to hire a legal consultant.)
- Secondly, you need to document all the relevant information about your business.
- Thirdly, you have to implement all the documented information in your organization.
- Fourthly, get ready for the internal audits which are performed first during the certification process and then periodically after.
- Lastly, if the certifying body approves your management system then you will be awarded the required ISO standard.
How long is an ISO certificate valid for?
How can I apply for ISO Certification for my transportation and logistics sector?
Secondly, selecting a recognized and credible ISO certification body (ISO Registrar)
Thirdly, make an application in the prescribed form which should include liability issues, confidentiality, and access rights.
Fourthly, the ISO certification body will review all the documents related to various policies and procedures being followed in the organization. If there are any existing gaps, the applicant has to prepare an action plan to eliminate these gaps.
Then, the ISO registrar will conduct a physical onsite inspection to audit the changes made in the organization.
As soon as the certifying body approves your management system, you will be awarded the required ISO standard.
How much does it cost for ISO certification?
Looking for ISO Certification or Training Services?
Join one of the India’s leading ISO certification bodies for a straightforward and cost-effective route to ISO accreditation.
LATEST NEWS & BLOGS
Horiba India Private limited
SIS Certifications certified Horiba India Private Limited with ISO 14001:2015 and CE. The HORIBA Group of worldwide companies provides an...
Intellismart has been certified by SIS Certifications an ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001 and ISO 27001 certification organization which...
Bharat Certis Agriscience Limited
Bharat Certis AgriScience Ltd. the tag of ISO 9001: 2015, ISO 14001:2015, ISO 45001:2018 certified company by SIS Certifications Pvt....
Manifold E- connect Pvt. Ltd.
Manifold has successfully got accreditation with ISO 9001:2015, ISO 45001:2018. A telecom product manufacturing company that has been established since...
ISO for Hospitality Businesses
Hotel and Restaurant Associations of India (FHRAI) achieved dual ISO certifications- ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 27001:2013.
Business Continuity in ISO 27001
The common and the best way to include the essence of ISO 22301 in ISO 27001 is by using the...
ISO 22301 & ISO 27001 in an Organization
Both ISO 22301 and ISO 27001 follow a common High -level Structure (HLS) that makes it easier to integrate the...
SIS certified ITALCED & NOIR
SIS Certifications has certified ITALCED & NOIR companies with ISO 37001 Standard. ISO 37001 is the worldwide standard for Anti-Bribery...